What are the benefits of NutriMeric®?
- Protection of the liver
- Better digestion and improved stools
- Protection from inflammatory diseases such as osteoarthritis
- Better oral health
- Soft, shiny coat
- Healthy skin
- Immune system support
What is NutriMeric® and how does it work?
100% pure and natural, NutriMeric® combines the benefits of seaweed (Ascophyllum nodosum) and turmeric to promote optimum health in your animals. It is a unique, scientifically-researched formula with optimal ratios of the 2 ingredients, and is provided in a convenient and easy to use powder that you add to your pet's food.
Seaweed is an excellent source of:
- minerals - rich in calcium, iron and magnesium, and a good source of phosphorus, potassium and sulfur
- vitamins - rich in folate (vitamin B9), and a good source of Vitamins C, E and K, and various other B vitamins, (thiamin (vit B1), riboflavin (vit B2), niacin (vit B3) and cobalamins (vit B12)).
- trace elements - rich in iodine, and a good source of zinc, manganese and copper.
Ascophyllum nodosum also contains a range of compounds that have antioxidant activity, including fucoxanthin (a carotenoid) and large molecular weight and simple phenolics.
The Ascophyllum nodosum in NutriMeric® is sustainably harvested from the pristine waters of northern Norway and is carefully harvested, dried, milled and packed to retain its valuable nutrients.
Turmeric, obtained from the rhizome (underground stem) of Curcuma longa, contains compounds called curcuminoids, the most important being curcumin which has many beneficial effects (see below). Whereas the average turmeric powder has a curcumin content of 3%, the concentration of curcumin in the turmeric powder in NutriMeric® is 95%.
Key properties of turmeric (due to its active component, curcumin) are its:
- antioxidant activity (that protects cells and tissues from free radical damage)
- anti-inflammatory activity (that protects against inflammatory diseases such as arthritis)
- immunomodulatory activity (that supports a healthy immune system).
Increased bioavailability of curcumin
The natural compounds, medium chain triglycerides and piperine, have been added to NutriMeric® to enhance the bioavailability of curcumin. Bioavailability refers to the levels of a compound in the tissues of the body (where the compound exerts its beneficial effects) relative to the given dose (amount ingested for an orally-administered compound). So if the bioavailability of a compound is increased, the levels of the compound in tissues are increased. Generally, the higher the level of the compound in a tissue, the greater the compound's beneficial effect.
Safety of NutriMeric®
NutriMeric® is of the highest quality, with both ingredients laboratory tested, providing you safety and peace of mind.
NutriMeric® is a natural alternative to the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and is not associated with the side effects of these drugs. It may be used together with these drugs.